[pmwiki-users] How to 'automatically' keep a deployed PmWiki install up to date?

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 14:30:43 CDT 2005

On 9/23/05, Crisp, Steve [UK] <SCRISP at ngms.eu.com> wrote:
> I have a question ... You've installed PmWiki, added a few cookbook plug-ins
> and deployed it.  How do you now 'automatically' maintain that installation
> keeping it up to date with latest developments?

I agree with the others that the first thing, if you're running more
than one wiki, is to start using a farm.  But this only lessens the
pain of updates, not eliminates it.

Isn't there some way to leverage trail pages and the RSS feeds that
they can generate?  Getting update notifications for the core and your
chosen add-ons would be another big step forward.  So would
notifications for completely new recipes and skins, so that you can
evaluate whether you want to use them.

Anyone know enough about how trails and RSS work to say if this is
doable or a good approach?

Bronwyn