[pmwiki-users] RichEdit configuration troubles

Jeremy Sproat sproaticus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 12:57:06 CDT 2005

I'm running PmWiki 2.06 on Windows 2000 using Apache 1.3.24 and PHP
4.3.3.  This is a fresh install, no other cookbook recipes have been
installed.  I'm also running ActivePerl build 635 based on Perl 5.6.1,
with the HTML::Tree, HTML::Entities, and URI modules installed.

Here's the RichEdit configuration from config.php:

$PageEditForm = "RichEdit.EditForm";
$RichEdit_PerlDirectory = "E:/dev/apache/httpd/cgi-bin/";
include_once('cookbook/richedit.php');
include_once('cookbook/wikistylesascss.php');
RichEdit_DoNotEditMarkup( $id, $pattern );

I'm not 100% sure this is in the proper order.

So.  My problem:

When I try to edit a page, I'm getting a PHP warning ("Warning: Empty
regular expression in
e:\dev\apache\httpd\htdocs\pmwiki\cookbook\richedit\boxmarkup.php on
line 43").  This is followed by the PHP warning that the script cannot
modify header information because there is already output.  (Is there
any way to enable buffered output in PHP?)  The TinyMCE editor never
shows up, leaving just a text area for the content.

Another problem, which may or may not be related to the first one, is
that the content in this text area is not the wikitext for the page.
It's just the WikiStyles section of the in-page stylesheet.  The
content is the same no matter which page I try to edit.  Here's what
I'm seeing:

  /* WikiStyles */
  .wikistyle_black{ color: black; }
  .wikistyle_white{ color: white; }
  .wikistyle_red{ color: red; }
  .wikistyle_yellow{ color: yellow; }
  .wikistyle_blue{ color: blue; }
  .wikistyle_gray{ color: gray; }
  .wikistyle_silver{ color: silver; }
  .wikistyle_maroon{ color: maroon; }
  .wikistyle_green{ color: green; }
  .wikistyle_navy{ color: navy; }
  .wikistyle_purple{ color: purple; }
  .wikistyle_comment{ display: none; }
  .wikistyle_decimal{ list-style: decimal; }
  .wikistyle_roman{ list-style: lower-roman; }
  .wikistyle_ROMAN{ list-style: upper-roman; }
  .wikistyle_alpha{ list-style: lower-alpha; }
  .wikistyle_ALPHA{ list-style: upper-alpha; }
  .wikistyle_left{ text-align: left; }
  .wikistyle_right{ text-align: right; }
  .wikistyle_center{ text-align: center; }
  .wikistyle_thumb{ width: 100px; }
  .wikistyle_cframe{ margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; width:
200px; text-align: center; }
  /* End WikiStyles */

I haven't tried to save the page yet.  :-)

Cheers,
 Jeremy