[pmwiki-users] core feature suggestion: invisible stop

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Sep 21 18:06:33 CDT 2005

This is so small (one line) that I haven't made it a PITS,
but I will if it's approved here in principle.

The `. (backtick period) acts as an "invisible stop".

The proposed markup rule is

    Markup("`.",">links","/`\./",'');

Some uses:

`.!!A heading omitted from a (:toc:)

`.* WikiWord omitted from a trail

!!A long heading`. most of which is omitted from a toc entry

A quick way to disarm a (:`.directive:) for display purposes

A long paragraph`. most of which is omitted from a teaser entry

If one wants `. to be visible, it can be wrapped in whiskers as
[=`.=].
--
JR