[pmwiki-users] Customizing the look for PageTableOfContents

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Sep 20 19:08:26 CDT 2005

On Wednesday, 21 September 2005 11:27 AM, Chris Cox <ccox at airmail.net> wrote:
>Robert Riebisch wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'd like to put a thin border and background around the TOC. Similar to
>> "Notes and Comments" at
>> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/OneGroupForAll or
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki
>>
>> I already tried with a table, but I can't get a thin border. :-( I'd
>> prefer not to edit the default PmWiki skin files. ;-)
>
>I use this:
>
>(:table width=100% cellspacing=0 border=1 bgcolor=#eeeeee bordercolor=#888888:)
>(:cell:)
>(:toc Cyclades Terminal Servers Contents:)
>(:tableend:)

I am thinking from this thread that (:toc:) ought to put
its output into a box (so it can't escape).

FYI you may wish to note the following:
- (:toc:) wraps output in <div class='toc'> ... </div>
  so an administator can use css to style the output
  consistently everywhere a toc is used, rather than
  authors having to do it every time

- using tables for presentation can cause problems for those
  who rely on screen readers to interpret page contents

- by default, in print and publish actions the toc is
  omitted, so you will see an empty table in paper output

I don't know whether these points are relevant to your
situation.
--
JR