[pmwiki-users] About the feature "Endings become part of, the link text."

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 19 10:25:57 CDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 05:56:57PM +0800, Elias Soong wrote:
> Surely, "Endings become part of the link text." is a good feature for
> English, but most asian language not use spaces. I suggest put this
> feature to be an option of i18n settings and default to be actived. Then
> we could set Chinese XL-Page disable this feature.

As a slightly different approach, I think I've been able to modify
the suffix pattern so that it only accepts "european" characters
in the suffix.  (These are code points U+0020 to U+058f for those
who follow such things.)  Non-european characters, such as those
that come from asian languages, are not included in any link suffix.

Does this sound like a good approach to you, and could you test
this on pmwiki.org (in one of the utf-8 groups) and let me know
if it seems to be working the way you would want for Chinese?

Thanks!