[pmwiki-users] Real Clean URLs

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 19 09:43:55 CDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 04:13:41PM +0200, Steffen Bauch wrote:

> How can I modify PmWiki to append ".html" to the URLs that are
> generated inside the pages?

There's not yet a good way to do this -- the problem is that
PmWiki has to know where to place the ".html" when only a
partial url is being generated.  It has to do with the way
that $ScriptUrl and $PageUrl substitutions take place (which
is already a little "special" because of $EnablePathInfo
requirements).

All that said, I'm working on creating a way to have a set of
PmWiki pages available as though they are ".html" files (I need
it for another project of mine) -- it's just coming along a bit
slowly.

A question:  For things like ?action=edit, ?action=search, etc.,
should the ".html" still be in the url or should it be omitted?