[pmwiki-users] Re: Conditional Extensions

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Fri Sep 16 09:49:51 CDT 2005

chr at home.se wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Russell Bailey wrote:
>
>>I believe that you can test for any condition by preceding it with a !.
>
> Using '!' isn't very intuitive... (except for programmers like me),
> maybe we should really use 'not' instead?
>
> We'd then have this instead
>
> 	(:if not pagelist.group Photos :)
>
> Maybe both '!' and 'not' could be allowed, to make things easier for us
> who're already using '!'?

???  So.. you are saying that ! (a universal NOT symbol to
programmers) isn't intutively obvious to a wiki markup user
who wants to use a programmatic construct???

IMHO, the person became a programmer when the decided to
use (:if:)

Just an observation.

I wouldn't change a thing.  (:if:) is an advanced
construct already.

Shoot (:<whatever:) is advanced construct.

Just my opinion,
Chris