[pmwiki-users] Re: Make xlpage-utf-8.php free from mbstring module?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 16 03:16:05 CDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 04:02:34PM +0800, Elias Soong wrote:
> Sorry, maybe I didn't understand your meaning.. Below is what I have test:
>
> * For old xlpage-utf-8.php with empty $MakePageNameFunction, if I input
> [[¨¦dition]], the rendered page give out a link to Group.Dition.
>
> * When use your new xlpage-utf-8.php, it still the case, give the link
> to Group.Dition.
>
> Is this correct?

Did you set $MakePageNameFunction for the new xlpage-utf-8.php?  You
shouldn't need to, as the new module should work even for systems
that don't have mbstring available.

For the link you're entering, what should the resulting page name be?

I have the new xlpage-utf-8.php enabled at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/UTF8 -- perhaps you could try out some
links there and let me know what it should do or not do...?

Thanks!