[pmwiki-users] Dur: How to find all the pages which link TO a page?

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Wed Sep 14 18:30:43 CDT 2005

>>Which works. But I'd like to include some of the parameters I use when I
>>use the directive:
>>   (:pagelist link={$FullName} fmt=bygroup list=normal :)
>>
>I think this will work:
>
>    <a id='backlink'
>      href='$PageUrl?action=search&amp;q=link=$FullName&amp;fmt=bygroup&amp;list=normal'>$[backlinks]</a>

This does work.

>>What I'd ideally like is to have the backlist tab display as it does
>>when I use the directive, rather than in the Search results page. Any
>>way to achieve that?
>>

>There are a couple of mechanisms.  One is to create a Backlinks page
>containing simply:
>
>    (:pagelist fmt=bygroup list=normal:)
>
>and then you can use that page to display backlinks to any other page.
>For example
>
>    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Backlinks?link=Main.WikiSandbox

Not sure that this approach works in a generic fashion. The goal is to
have a 'backlink' link for every page. This approach would mean creating
a backlink page for every page that gets created -- since the page name
is hardcoded. We could make this work is we can pass a parameter into a
page. The Backlink page would be something like:
    (:pagelist link={$PASSED_IN_THRU_URL} fmt=bygroup list=normal:)

Not sure this can be done, and I can think of a couple of problems with
this approach.

 ~ ~ Dave