[pmwiki-users] View action not active

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 12:02:15 CDT 2005

On 9/14/05, Markus Bendler <markus.bendler at gmx.ch> wrote:
> On some pages / installations the view action has no hyper link associated .
> This effect can be reproduced on the page:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExtensions
> The view action is also 'orange' when the edit action is active.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Markus

I don't understand. Are you trying to point out this cool feature or a
possible bug?

If you notice, all links on that page that point back to that page
have the same effect. A quick look at the source reveals the
following: <b class='selfreference'>Markup Extensions</b>. Sure
enough, some code has striped the links and replaced them with a
styling hook.

How do you implant this? That is a good question. Perhaps someone else
could shed some light on that.

Is this a bug? No, I'd say a feature. Having a page link to itself is
actually frowned upon for various reasons. If I knew how this worked
I'd be likely to use it myself.

--
----
Waylan Limberg