[pmwiki-users] Multiple WikiCalendar

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Sep 8 18:28:09 CDT 2005

On Friday, 9 September 2005 11:04 AM, Rene Visco <rvisco at csdr-cde.ca.gov> wrote:
>I attempted to use PmCal and it doesn't work and doesn't make sense.
>That's fine because I got the hand of Wiki Calendar.  (PmCal at Hans'
>wiki looks cool!)
>
>I attempted to create two different wiki calendars.  It doesn't work.
>Why do I want to create multiple wiki calendars?  It's because I'm
>working in a school which each department can have their own
>calendar/schedule which is irrelevant to others.

The current design supports multiple calendars, using a separate
group for each calendar.

So, create MyCalendar.GroupHeader with a (:wikilog:) directive
and a similar YourCalendar.GroupHeader

You can combine news from multiple calendars too, if you need to,
with the (:wikilog Group.HomePage:) option, say on a News.Headlines page.

Also, the Wiki Calendar takes care of the long date issue Hans raised
earlier, which I see he solved another way. All dates of the form
yyyy-mm-dd are expanded into long format. The '-' character is
configurable.

Hope this helps.

--
JR