[pmwiki-users] sending email off-list

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Wed Sep 7 06:13:11 CDT 2005

Robin wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 06:40, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>
>> I have to click "Reply to all", then delete all the unwanted
>> recipient. (Incidentally, Patrick forgot to eliminate Waylan from
>> the Cc list, so I have to delete *two* recipients. Awkward,
>> that...)
>
> In many mailers (well, at least, in KMail) you can just tell it that this
> folder is a mailing list and you want replies to just go to the list.

I'm afraid that's just KMail. Mozilla and Outlook can only reply to the
sender, or to everybody on the Cc: list.

> It also provides a 'reply to author' button for when you want that.
> Perhaps have a look-see if your mailer does something similar. As
> such, the reply-to munging state doesn't affect me at all, as KMail
> behaves the same either way, which is nice.

I think all mailers should do something like that! (And a few other
things, like putting all responses in the same folder as the incoming
mail, and alerting me specifically to answers to a mail that I sent.
These things worked on a crummy DOS mailbox mailer, but none of the
current megabyte-sized mailers seem to be able to do such things...)

Regards,
Jo