[pmwiki-users] Re: How to edit EditPage form?

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 09:11:36 CDT 2005

On 9/2/05, Spare Room <spareroom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Neil,
>  I figured out a different solution hacking wikilib.d/site.EditForm
>  I changed [Author:] to [%red% AUTHOR IS REQUIRED: %%]
>  Now I just have to be careful when I upgrade.

The way I understand it is that PmWiki always looks in wiki.d first,
and if it does not find the page there, then in wikilib.d so you can
put a copy of your edited site.EditForm in wiki.d and PmWiki will use
that. When you upgrade, the copy in wikilib.d will be overwritten, but
that won't matter because the copy in wiki.d will be left intact. I
have done this myself without incident. Actually, I prefer to leave an
unedited version in wikilib.d in the event that I need to revert back
to a non-hacked copy. It's always nice to have a safety net.

--
----
Waylan Limberg
waylan at gmail.com