[pmwiki-users] Suggestion for default skin

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Thu Sep 1 19:07:04 CDT 2005

Great suggestion, JR!

Except maybe for:
>$HandleActions['view'] = 'HandleBrowse';

What's wrong with
  $HandleActions['show'] or $HandleActions['read'] or simply
$HandleActions['browse']

The word View in that skin seems too general. You are viewing all the
time, whether you edit, look at the history of prepare for printing.

And I'd also like to see the processing of various existing 'views'
get a bit more consistent (login is using a hard-coded html piece,
print is using a separate skin, edit is using a Site page, etc.)

In the view-aware skin I'm working on, I'm trying to replace all
these with Site pages. That also means lots of redefinition for functions.

At 07:48 PM 9/1/2005, John Rankin wrote:
>For consistency and to reduce possible confusion, I suggest 2 additions:
>
>$HandleActions['view'] = 'HandleBrowse';
>$HandleActions['history'] = 'HandleDiff';
>
>This would bring the View, Edit, History, Print links into line with
>their corresponsing actions.
>
>And possibly (see Cookbook):
>$HandleActions['attach'] = 'HandleUpload';

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)