[pmwiki-users] PublishPDF and images

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Oct 30 19:23:53 CST 2005

On Monday, 31 October 2005 12:34 PM, nexyufuli evo <noskule at gmx.net> wrote:
>hi john
>I try to figure out how to get the images right looking in the pdf
>output in publishpdf and have some questions.

An excellent set of test cases!

>Somthimes the images appears bevor its possition, somthimes on the
>correct possition, but I dont see way. See:
>http://pmwiki.netstreams.org/index.php?n=TestPages.TestImages

By default, images "float" -- so on page 7 (Figure 1) it "floats"
to the top of the current page. This may not be the best default
behaviour -- I'll see if we can improve it.

>Is there a way to control, with which resolution the images show up in
>the pdf. Is it currently 72dpi?

Yes, if we have low resolution and high resolution versions, we
want to use the low resolution version on the web and the high
resolution version in print. We achieve that like this:

[[http://link.to.hi.res.image | http://link.to.lo.res.image]]

On the web page, this displays the lo res image as a link to the
hi res image. In print, it will use the high res image. This also
gives authors a way to have different size images for print and web.

>If I would like to add a custommarkup, hwo it have to be done. I would
>like to use a wordwrap markup: see:
>http://pmwiki.netstreams.org/index.php?n=TestPages.BreakFloat . the html
>tag is /<br clear='all'>

At the moment, the print dtd doesn't have an equivalent tag.
I'll have to investigate what we might do. The general
approach is that an administrator writes:

if ($format=='pdf')
    Markup('xyz','position','match expression','print substitution');
else
    Markup('xyz','position','match expression','html substitution');

--
JR