[pmwiki-users] PmWiki not working on ISP's new CGI platform

Val Sharp val at valsharp.co.uk
Sun Oct 30 06:27:17 CST 2005

Thanks, Patrick, for replying to my original post on this subject back
in Sept  :-)

I've spoken to my ISP's technical support about it, and have been
waiting to see if they have any idea what's wrong and how to fix it,
but we haven't got very far.

Background:   My PMwiki site
(<http://ccgi.davemaclaren.plus.com/valsharp/pmwiki.php>) used to work
on the old platform straight out of the box, but my ISP has set up a
new platform which now uses cgiwrap, and I'm getting 404 errors
because PATH_INFO no longer seems to be working (- it works OK with
$EnablePathInfo=0; but I'd like to get it working with PATH_INFO if
possible). They're using Apache 2, and what they say is the latest
version of cgiwrap.

Though they've had a quick look at it, such a small matter is hardly a
priority for them, especially when it seems I'm the only one to have
this problem, but they'll probably try any reasonable suggestions if I
can come up with any.

When I check the environment variables (using both $EnableDiag = 1;,
and also a perl script from the cgi-bin) PATH is there, but PATH_INFO
is not.

Support says I should be able to use PATH_INFO if I set
'AcceptPathInfo On' in my .htaccess file in my root directory, but
that seemed to have no effect. (I tried an ErrorDocument directive in
.htaccess, just to make sure that they are allowing FileInfo
overrides, and that worked OK.)

--
Best regards,
Val Sharp - Edinburgh