[pmwiki-users] PublishPDF beta 5: better tables, better equations

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Oct 27 21:31:36 CDT 2005

Those with an interest in generating nice pdf files from
wiki pages may wish to look at the latest version of
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PublishPDF

If you are using an earlier beta, I strongly encourage
you to upgrade.

This version:
- improves advanced table support (pages like BasicEditing
  now typeset more successfully)
- improves table caption support (automatic numbering Table 1,
  Table 2, ...)
- has enhanced support for mathematical equations (includes
  a version of LatexRender suitable for use with PmWiki, but
  by default this is not activated)
- US letter paper size option now works (hooks added for A5,
  but A5 support not yet implemented)

There are a few bug fixes:
- print xml output validates against the dtd
- list item continuation markup is now :+ instead of ::
  (although for backwards compatibility :: at the end of a
  line still works)
- improved handling of inline styles

Refer to the issues register for a list of known issues:
http://www.wikipublisher.org/wiki/index.php?n=Issues.Issues?order=-score
A pdf of these is included in the distribution.

We hope to move out of beta before the end of the year.
--
JR