[pmwiki-users] PageGenerationTime suddenly very slow (10+ seconds)

Ian Davis iwd32900 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 07:28:35 CDT 2005

All of the sudden, my wiki has become unbearably slow to use. I was
running 2.0beta22 and upgraded to 2.0.12, no difference either way. The
cookbook recipe PageGenerationTime is showing very long generation
times -- 13 sec, 8 sec, 9 sec, etc. even for small, simple pages -- so
I don't think it's an issue
of waiting to connect to the server or anything like that.

It had been functioning almost instantaneously for many months. My sys
admin denies any wrongdoing  ;)  but he's recently been blocking
foreign IPs and making some other changes to the networking setup on
the server.

Has anybody experienced this type of problem before? Any ideas on what
could make page generation so unbearably slow?

Thanks for any help,
Ian