[pmwiki-users] The removal of uploaded images

Robert Blaha robert.blaha at munbutz.com
Tue Oct 25 05:04:05 CDT 2005

Tuesday, October 25, 2005, 9:04:30 AM, Suman wrote:

>>I have
>>uploaded pictures in jpg format, of which I want to remove a few. Dont
>>know how to do it. Can you please help me.
>>

>You can only remove these using FTP file access.
>There is no direct way to do it from within pmwiki.

I think this is a disadvantage of pmwiki to other wikis, that store all
attachments in a database.
My sites are all messed with orphaned files, not easily possible to find
out which ones are really unused.
So there is always the feeling that it is not a very clean thing. ;-)
psychotic

I see, that not everybody should be able to delete attachments, but it
would be nice if the administrator could find out, which files are not
used any more and delete them.

I think this question is not a new one, but could not find anything
about on the site.

Greetings from Austria
Robert