[pmwiki-users] Custom Cookie Name does not prevent re-entering Author name at each EDIT?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Oct 20 13:57:52 CDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 12:46:14PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 07:40:05PM +0200, Xax wrote:
> > Patrick R. Michaud said the following on 20/10/2005 19.27:
> > Yes, this for instance:
> > http://www.hyperguru.com/guide/Lists/How-to-share-large-files-online
>
> Okay, I'm stumped.  Can you set $EnableDiag=1; on the site, and
> maybe (privately) email me a copy of your config.php?

Aha.  Based on the config.php you sent me, the problem appears to
be the commentsmailed.php recipe,  which is apparently destroying
the value of the $Author variable in PmWiki.  Commentsmailed.php
is it's *always* setting the value of $Author from the most recent
request, even when it should be coming from a cookie, or even when
there is no previous request (in which case it's setting it to empty).

What's more, since commentsmailed.php is setting the value of $Author,
the normal author.php code doesn't set a cookie, since another module
has apparently taken over the handling of the $Author variable.

Try commenting out the line in commentsmailed.php (line 143?) that
reads

        SDV($Author, $_REQUEST['author']); // should I?

and see if that solves the Author problem.