[pmwiki-users] hard page break in print view

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Oct 19 17:38:58 CDT 2005

On Thursday, 20 October 2005 11:18 AM, Chris Cox <ccox at airmail.net> wrote:

>> Just a suggestion: it may be appropriate to tansfer this to
>> the print css, so there is always a new page before (say)
>> <h2>. Otherwise, the authors have to remember to apply the
>> style to every heading on every page to get a consistent
>look.
>
>I disagree with trying to build a side effect into the existing print
>css. The idea of a printable view is different from guessing where
>page breaks should go (people like to decide those things).  Now...
>it we wanted to make a separate print css or a switch... that's
>ok.

Oops. I agree with you. What I *meant* to say is that an administrator
may wish to put that into a print css for the site (or a group), if
that's the appropriate thing to do. Although I think of it as a site-
specific presentation rule, rather than a side-effect or a guess.

<aside>PublishPDF lets /readers/ choose to make a particular heading
level start a new page, at the time they print a page.</aside>

--
JR