[pmwiki-users] \\L LinkPattern Replace in Markup Rules

Sebastian Siedentopf schlaefer at macnews.de
Wed Oct 19 03:03:08 CDT 2005

Am 18.10.2005 um 14:50 schrieb Patrick R. Michaud:

> ...because $LinkPattern doesn't exist at the time that calls to
> Markup() is being made.  More to the point, the value of $LinkPattern
> can't be determined until *all* site customizations have been loaded,
> and since site customizations make calls to Markup(), $LinkPattern
> has to be inserted into the rules at a later time.  Thus, PmWiki
> does the replacements of $LinkPattern in BuildMarkupRules(), which
> is in charge of updating all of the pattern -> replacements as
> a first step of MarkupToHTML().

Thanks for your explanations.

> However, I suspect the problem has nothing to do with $LinkPatterns
> or the \L, as these are used only for *external* links.  WikiWord
> and other page links are handled by other markup rules that don't
> make use of \L.

If I use:
     A simple test link: http://google.de

I end up with all words as links:
    A? simple? test? link:? http://google.de?

If I change:
     ## bare urllinks
     Markup('urllink','>[[',"/\\b(?>(\\L))...

to:
     ## bare urllinks
     Markup('urllink','>[[',"/\\b(?>(html))...

I end up with:
     A simple test link: http://google.de?

Where http://google.de always points to the wiki page google/de.
Something is wonky with the overall link handling here.

If someone allready integrated pmwiki and xajax in some way I would
really appreciate some code samples.

Sebastian