[pmwiki-users] Re: WikiCalendar

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Oct 17 15:47:47 CDT 2005

On Tuesday, 18 October 2005 8:54 AM, Thomas N. Burg <editor at randgaenge.net> wrote:

>Hi John,
>
>it works great so far - my daughter's kindergarden will love it. Just
>one sugesstion. if there is no entry for a day maybe you could place
>a default message there like : "No events for this day"
>
>Thomas

  Download the latest version of wikilog.php (just uploaded) and try it.

>There is something else I'd suggest: put a link to the detailed
>weekview directly into the script offering the chance to edit the
>pagename via config.php.

>Otherwise I have the problem from where to link to this weekly view
>that is otherwise fantastic.

I'm not sure the best way to do this, as not everyone will want a
weekly view and different sites will use a different page name.

So what I suggest is that you add the name of the week view page
to your GroupHeader or GroupFooter page -- that way, it comes out
on every page of the group in the location of your choice, with
the text of your choice. Would that work for you?

One question:
If the page exists, should its dayname have an (edit) link after
it? For example:

Today (edit)
    text of today's page

--