[pmwiki-users] Previewed edit with special background

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Oct 15 18:03:53 CDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 12:22:26PM +0200, Han Baas wrote:
> On december 7, 2004 in a mail was described a way to change the
> background of a previewed edit.
>
> I tried this today but the recipe is not working (anymore?)
> I see that the Test/PreveiChange page on pmwiki.org is also no longer
> working.

The recipe should still work.  The version on pmwiki.org wasn't
working because when moving to a new webhosting environment I didn't
copy across the image used for the background preview (this is
now fixed on pmwiki.org, when previewing the background is set
to yellow).

Another way to add this capability for recent versions of PmWiki
is to edit the Site.EditForm page and add a >>div<< marker around the
preview section with a background specification -- i.e., something like:

    (:if e_preview:)
    >>background="#ffffcc url(/path/to/bgimage.gif)"<<
    !!$[Preview `{$FullName}]
    '''$[Page is unsaved]'''
    (:e_preview:)
    ----
    '''$[End of preview -- remember to save]'''\\
    >><<
    [[#top | $[Top] ]]
    (:if:)

Hope this helps,