[pmwiki-users] Conditional Directive based on time - standards

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Oct 13 13:59:57 CDT 2005

At 2005-10-13  02:11 PM -0400, Waylan Limberg is rumored to have said:
> > At the risk of creeping featuritis, perhaps there could be a
> > (:datespaced:) directive that could convert 20051013 to 2005-10-13
> > for display. Not sure how to distinguish between dates and other sets
> > of numbers ....
>
>Oh, and one other thing. Maybe I missed something, but what would we
>be displaying dates for. Isn't this just a logical wrapper for
>content. It wouldn't actually be generating content would it? Guess I
>don't see the value or purpose of this suggestion. That's all.

Waylan is right - I was thinking of calendar applications with dates
(page names) in the form 20051013 where 2005-10-13 would be more
readable. Ignore this suggestion in the context of (:if date yyyymmdd:).

I've had lunch now and should be thinking more clearly. ;-)

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668