[pmwiki-users] Re: Calling MarkupToHTML several times

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Oct 9 19:52:23 CDT 2005

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 10:25:20PM +0200, Dominique Faure wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I manage to allow 'fixed' parts of my Monobook and Grease skins to be
> customized with strings defined with regular markup. It runs perfectly
> with the drawback to have to do several calls to MarkupToHTML.You may
> have a look at the code in uploaded skins archive.
> I was wondering how this could really impact the page rendering speed?

I don't think it'll impact it much; MarkupToHTML is already being
called at least three times on pmwiki.org (once for the main text,
once for the sidebar, once for the actions) and it doesn't seem to
slow things down too much, especially if the strings to be rendered
are just a couple of lines long.