[pmwiki-users] Re: good upgrade practices (was: {$UrlPage})

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Oct 9 15:16:53 CDT 2005

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 12:32:04PM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2005-10-09  09:52 AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> >More to the point, it's sometimes a good idea to remove (or rename)
> >the wikilib.d/ directory entirely, and get a fresh copy from the latest
> >distribution.
>
> I think a note to this effect needs to be added to the upgrade
> instructions. ...

Well, I don't think they belong in the upgrade instructions in general,
because this sort of thing actually happens very rarely.  Instead, I
think that whenever a file is removed from wikilib.d/ in the distribution
I'll be sure to put a note about it in the release notes for a short
time thereafter.

Would that work?