[pmwiki-users] A couple of newbie questions

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Thu Oct 6 10:09:28 CDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 08:02:11AM -0500, Tegan Dowling wrote:
> Hi, Charles,
>
> Regarding the "Edit SideBar" link question: On your Site/SideBar, you have
>
> * [[SideBar?action=edit | Edit SideBar]]
>
> Could you not replace that with
>
> * [[Site/SideBar?action=edit | Edit SideBar]]?

He could but then the edit link would *always* edit Site/SideBar
rather than the SideBar of the current group.  What's needed is a way
to conditionally change that link:

(:if group Main:)
* [[Site/SideBar?action=edit | Edit SideBar]]
(:if !group Main:)
* [[SideBar?action=edit | Edit SideBar]]
(:ifend:)

The above is untested and purely from my memory, so caveat lector!

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at pobox.com