[pmwiki-users] Integration into a different website

Wesley Tanaka wtanaka at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 02:55:15 CDT 2005

Hi,

I've been attempting to integrate PmWiki into another website.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/IncludeAble
and
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00548

document roughly as far as I've gotten so far (I've made a few site-specific
changes since then).  You can see what I've done so far at:

http://treehouse.ofb.net/guide/viewplace?placeid=31704&lang=en
(page with included wiki content)
http://treehouse.ofb.net/wiki/Places/31704
(pmwiki page for the same wiki content)
http://treehouse.ofb.net/wiki/Places/RecentChanges
(Recent Changes with custom link text instead of default $Group.$Name)

Those links are the context for these two questions which I now have:

1) I'd like to integrate the existing login system for the site with the wiki.
What I mean by this is if someone is logged in at the time of making a page
post (either through the normal "Edit" action or through my custom "comment
form" handler), their IP address does not get displayed and their username as a
link to their site profile gets displayed (e.g.
http://treehouse.ofb.net/users/robin?lang=en), in the History and
RecentChanges, and anywhere else an IP address might show up.  I also don't
want any "username password" prompts to ever show up.  If they're already
logged in, record their username, if they're not logged in, use their IP
address.  Any hints?  Should I start with AuthUser or UserAuth or is this
different enough of an idea that I need to do it from scratch?

2) On the main page:

http://treehouse.ofb.net/guide/?lang=en

I'd like to have an additional section which is "Recent Notes Changes", which
would display (say) the last 3 changes to the Places wiki group, and links to
the associated "viewplace" pages.  The two thoughts I had for doing this were:

a. Creating another RecentChanges-like page which somehow only kept the last 3
changes.
b. Parsing and filtering RecentChanges for display on the front page.

However, I'd like the "Recent Notes Changes" section to also include inline
(rather than as a link) the most recent "diff" for that particular wiki node.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Wesley Tanaka

http://treehouse.ofb.net/ - Treehouse Bar & Cafe in the town of Shangri-La