[pmwiki-users] Best way to write-protect a group?

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Tue Oct 4 04:01:28 CDT 2005

Hi

I'm (still) in the slow process of migrating a site from pmwiki 1 to
pmwiki 2. I've moved one set of groups into a separate field, and the rest
of the groups are supposed to go into another field.

However, I'd like to move the rest of the groups one by one... starting
with the groups that are rareley changed. I was thinkgint that I'd take a
group, migrate it and then leave it in the original, old, wiki but write
protected (with some text in the header saying that changes should be made
to the migrated group).

So, how should I write protect the group?  One possible solution is to
simply go into wiki.d/ and write protect the files. Another is to assign
them an 'edit'-password. But what I'd really like is for them to get a
special message, or perhaps being redirected, when they press the
Edit-link in this group.

Hmm... it does seem like the latter is the best choice. I'll think about
it some more. Opinions and thoughts are still welcome of course :-)

Is a recipe for the above worth adding to the cookbook?

/Christian