[pmwiki-users] just upgraded from 2beta40 to 2.0.10 and need help

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Mon Oct 3 22:16:12 CDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 11:00:39PM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> Amazing as it may seem (;-), I actually did read the docs (release
> notes, especially 44)) before plunging in, and I completely replaced
> wikilib.d with the new version. The only stuff left about are the
> actual wiki pages and some old skins. To make sure the skins were not
> the problem, I reverted to the PmWiki default.
>
> However, I suspect that the transition script may have done some
> magic that kept my Main.SideBar page working (rather than switching
> to Site.SideBar).

The only "magic" that pmwiki does is in the template where it tries to
load a SideBar page from the current group before it tries to load the
SideBar page from the Site group. I don't think the transition script
does anything WRT SideBar pages.  So, if you're in the Main group,
it'll try loading Main.SideBar before Site.SideBar.  The same may be
true of your old skins too.

> Now I can't seem to get rid of it! Or rather, when
> I rename it Site.SideBar, PmWiki starts loading Main.SideBar from (I
> presume) wikilib.d.

Except that there is no Main.SideBar in pmwiki-2.0.10/wikilib.d. Do you
perhaps have pmwiki configured to search another directory that does
have a Main.SideBar? Or did you merely copy Main.SideBar such that it
still exists?

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff