[pmwiki-users] Running pmwiki in a root directory?

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:45:56 CDT 2005

On 10/2/05, H. Fox <haganfox at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On 10/1/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 10:05:01PM -0500, Ryan Varick wrote:
> > > This may be a bit obscure, but I would like to run pmwiki in the root
> > > directory of my webserver.  Really, what I want to do is get rid of
> > > the "wiki" part of the URL:
> > >
> > > Instead of:  http://www.myserver.com/wiki/Category/WikiPage ,
> > > I'd like:  http://www.myserver.com/Category/WikiPage
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > But pmwiki wants wiki.d to be at the same level of index.php.  My PHP
> > > skills aren't the greatest, so I don't know if this is feasible or
> > > not.  Anyone have any suggestions?
> >
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls
>
> IMHO that page has gone out of control.  Regardless, it doesn't
> include the method I'm using, which is to have an /index.php file like
> this one

I'd say your right - on both counts. Personally, I don't know that
this can be done easily with PHP if PmWiki doesn't have the ability to
define the dir already built in. Basically, you need to tell
pmwiki.php that it is at /wiki/ rather than the root dir as it assumes
because you've included it from root. Perhaps the variables listed
here will get you started:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PathVariables

--
----