[pmwiki-users] Running pmwiki in a root directory?

Ryan Varick rvarick at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 22:05:01 CDT 2005

This may be a bit obscure, but I would like to run pmwiki in the root
directory of my webserver.  Really, what I want to do is get rid of
the "wiki" part of the URL:

Instead of:  http://www.myserver.com/wiki/Category/WikiPage ,
I'd like:  http://www.myserver.com/Category/WikiPage

I figure I could do this by flattening the pmwiki directory; that is,
untarring everything in the root directory.  But I would like to have
pmwiki in its own directory, to keep things tidy.  This is where I'm
stuck.

So, something like:  http://www.myserver.com/index.php

With index.php looking like:

<? include('wikidirectory/pmwiki.php'); ?>

But pmwiki wants wiki.d to be at the same level of index.php.  My PHP
skills aren't the greatest, so I don't know if this is feasible or
not.  Anyone have any suggestions?