[pmwiki-users] newbie help needed!!

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Mon Nov 28 18:52:51 CST 2005

lynda.pike at juno.com wrote:
> Chris,
> I read your response on the PmWiki forum.  You updated the PmWiki
> default page, not my index page.  How do I get it to update the data
> from my index.php page?  This is a basic question that probably has to
> do with the local config file.  Please help.

Uh... PmWiki updates PmWiki pages... are you wanting some kind
of tool that will allow you to arbitrarily edit your HTML pages?

I guess I'm confused.  It sounds like you are wanting to
edit the output of whatever index.php generates (emphasis on

PmWiki allows you to easily create/edit content using PmWiki markup
language (pages are stored in flat files in a special format), but really
isn't for editing arbitrary files and isn't
for editing generated live content produced by some king of server
side program (be that php or otherwise).

Am I getting closer to knowing what you're looking for?