[pmwiki-users] Workflow?

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Mon Nov 28 12:01:52 CST 2005

I think the key here is that Henrik seems to be willing to place responsibility on users who show up after Alice tags the page to not make changes under penalty of having them reverted.  This then alleviates any need for PmWiki to lock pages or do anything >other< than notify viewers that somebody is revising the page, at the risk that people may ignore the warnings and make changes which get overwritten.

David

>>> Henrik Bechmann <henrik at bechmannsoftware.com> 11/28/05 12:47 PM >>>
Patrick,

Re: The scenarios that you describe, I guess my basic answer (and I
don't mean to trivialize it -- see below) is that those are Bob and
Alice's problems, and they are problems that Bob and Alice can easily
deal with. But I have underlying assumptions to this:

- with PmWiki there is always (certainly where drafting capability is
selected) a small group working in any page group with a PmWiki
installation, and these people can talk to each other to set
expectations and administrative protocol.