[pmwiki-users] Site.EditQuickReference

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 28 11:18:13 CST 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 11:54:16AM -0500, DaveG wrote:

> > You can edit the Site.EditQuickReference page directly, or you can
> This is a minor problem when new versions of the footer come out, since
> they will either overwrite customized pages or admins won't be aware of
> the new changes.

Updates won't overwrite customized pages -- PmWiki never does that.
(This is why we have separate wiki.d/ and wikilib.d/ directories.)

You're correct that the admin won't be aware of any new changes --
but (1) I don't know of any way to avoid that, and (2) the
EditQuickReference page hasn't changed substantially in quite
some time.

Thanks for the new version of the page, I'll want to look at it
a bit further.   Opinions from others would be a big help here.