[pmwiki-users] New Page Creation

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 11:05:12 CST 2005

We always include this in our Tips for Editing:

Wiki's most fundamental how-to is
!! Editing and Adding Pages in ''Six Steps'':

'''1''' Edit a page,
'''2''' Create a link,
'''3''' Save the page.
->''And then''
'''4''' Click the link,
'''5''' Add some content,
'''6''' Save the page.

Then separately we explain the bare mechanics like finding the "edit" link
and adding the brackets.

In our FAQ, we have

Q How do I edit a page?

To add something to or change something on a page:

   - Go to that page
   - Click on the "edit" link, or "Edit" tab (depending on the design of
   the site).
   - An edit box will open; scroll up and down to find the place where
   you want to make your changes; click there and type.
   - Click Preview; use the whole-screen scroll-bar to compare the code
   in the edit box with the result.
   - Repeat the edit and Preview steps until you are satisfied with your
   changes, then
   - Add a brief description of your changes in the Summary box.
   - Enter your UserName in the Author box
   - Click Save.