[pmwiki-users] authentication problems (built-in and authuser)

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 11:17:08 CST 2005

Thursday, November 24, 2005, 4:51:55 PM, Patrick wrote:
> Okay, my question:  what should happen if someone that is already
> authenticated (logged in) invokes ?action=login ?  Should this
> imply ?action=logout, should it present a message that the
> visitor is already logged in, or should it simply allow them to
> login again?  If this last option, what should happen if the
> second login is unsuccessful -- should it present the form again,
> or just accept their previous login information?

Present a message that the visitor is logged in, showing his loginn
name as well perhaps.

I have found it easier not to use action=login, but direct login
requests via a login link to a dedicated Login page, like Main.Login.
This page is read protected with the edit password, so a
non-authenticated visitor is prompted for a password automatically.
After successful login he sees the login page content, which is a
simple welcome message.
This works for systems with authuser or without.

Best,
~Hans