[pmwiki-users] authentication problems (built-in and authuser)

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 11:13:54 CST 2005

On 11/24/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 05:37:11PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > PmWiki 2.1 will have ?action=login available, which will display
> > Site.AuthForm under the current url.  I think I'll do this for
> > 2.1.beta4.
>
> Okay, my question:  what should happen if someone that is already
> authenticated (logged in) invokes ?action=login ?  Should this
> imply ?action=logout, should it present a message that the
> visitor is already logged in, or should it simply allow them to
> login again?

I think it should do something like this:

You're currently logged in as '''{$AuthID}'''.

Logout {$AuthID} and login as someone else?

Name: __________
Password: ____________

> If this last option, what should happen if the
> second login is unsuccessful -- should it present the form again,
> or just accept their previous login information?

Sorry!  That username and password combination is no good.  Maybe you
made a typing mistake?

Option 1: please try again:

Password: ____________

Option 2: [[Stay logged in as {$AuthID}]].

That last link should take them back to where they were before.  It's
a link so that there's an action for the by-now-frustrated user who
wants to click something and have it do what it's supposed to.

Bronwyn