[pmwiki-users] RSS & UTF-8

XueDong.Huang xuedong.huang at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 00:21:06 CST 2005

Hi,
I have the same problem, and here I describe how I try to fix but no
positive return yet.
------------------------------------
The RSS link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/vietnamese/index.xml doesn't display
well with my RSS Display using magpie package.
Look at the page:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RssFeedDisplay and see that the
problem is marked as 'RED' (Unsolved yet ???)
Then following the help insite the page, I check the RSS link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/vietnamese/index.xml with www.feedvalidator.org
like this
http://www.feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fvietnamese%2Findex.xml

The error was: Your feed appears to be encoded as "utf-8", but your
server is reporting "US-ASCII".
OK, look at its help, it tells us to change the content type 'text/*' to
'application/xml'. I then change the rss.php , line 114 from text/xml to
application/xml or application/rss+xml

BUT it doesn't work.

Any help is welcome.
Bests,