[pmwiki-users] Defining and displaying chess diagrams in WikiPages

Martin Fick fick at fgm.com
Wed Nov 23 09:51:45 CST 2005

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 02:40:07AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Well, I ended up having *way* too much fun playing with chess
> markups this evening.  You can see what I've come up with at
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/ChessPGN .
>
> I'll want a little time to clean up the code a bit and package
> everything up, at which point I'll release it as a cookbook recipe
> (and install it on the wiki site I sponsor for a local chess
> organization :-).

  OK, now I dreamed of something like this someday, but you
are sick!!  I can't believe you put that out so quickly!
There's no stopping you if you want something is there? :)

  That is really impressive, I think that you will turn
online chess education and discussions into a new trend.  I
love it!

  All you need now is a input box where you can enter on
offsite URL and have it fetch the page and perform chess
markup on it! That way for all those sites which do not
illustrate their tutorials well enough, plug in the URL and
voila.  Hmm, but where would the boards shows up?  Maybe an
option to insert a board after every notation break?

  And now back to our regular programming, :)

  -Martin