[pmwiki-users] (:include parameters

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 21 14:41:38 CST 2005

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 03:29:20PM -0500, Martin Fick wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 09:15:49AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > (:include Page#from#to:) has always been defined in PmWiki as a
> > line-oriented markup.  If we really want to cut markers in mid-line
> > we probably need a different option or (:include:) syntax to support it.
>
>   While I can see the utility of the current markup, I find
> myself using it more the way that Henrik wants to use it.
>
> I would suggest this added syntax:
>
>     (:include section=Section Page:)
>
> where Section is assumed to be two anchors such as:
>
> 	[[#Section]]
>
> 	...and ...
>
> 	[[#SectionEnd]]
>
> This would greatly reduce the wordiness for this case.

Could you rephrase this as a more complete description?
I.e., are you saying that we should change the existing #from#to
markup in any way, or are you simply saying we should add a
section= syntax so that someone can write "section=Section"
instead of "#Section#SectionEnd"?

>   As a note, in these cases I would prefer if nothing were
> returned if the section does not exist, (currently the
> entire page is  returned).

It used to be that a (configurable) message was returned if
a requested anchor did not exist -- we can probably get back
to that.