[pmwiki-users] Side Bar not following Edit password

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Mon Nov 21 14:12:53 CST 2005

At 2005-11-21  03:06 PM -0500, Kass Lloyd is rumored to have said:
>I have a global edit password on my site (people keep defaceing it,
>grr...) but the Site.SideBar dosn't need a password too edit, even
>with a global edit password set in the config.php. I'm running the
>most recent version.

Site.SideBar is shipped with editing enabled via a "nopass" argument
in the page attributes. Go to the Site.SideBar page attributes and
set the edit password to "clear".  This actually removes the "nopass"
override and allows the global edit or Site group password to take effect.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668