[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.1.beta1 released, svn available

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 21 10:32:57 CST 2005

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 05:25:31PM +0100, Roman wrote:
> > We've also added the [[PageName |+]] markup,
> > which uses the title of PageName as the link text.
>
> Built-in [[PageName |+]] markup has the same little problem as
> TitledLinks recipe. There is a problem with links that link to a page
> that doesn't exists yet. If [[Group.PageName|+]] is used it does not
> follow pmwiki convention that link is displayed with group name. Now
> it displays page name only as with [[Group/PageName|+]].

...only because you're mis-interpreting the convention.  :-)

Any link of the form [[target|text]] says to use "text" for the link
text regardless of how the target is specified, and regardless of
the page's existence.  Thus

    [[Group.PageName | some page]]
    [[Group/PageName | some page]]

both display with "some page" as the text of the link.  For a link like

    [[Group.PageName |+]]

the "+" says to use the title of the page as the link text.
Even if Group.PageName doesn't exist its title is still "PageName",
so that is what is used as the link text.

We can probably change this as a local customization, but from
my perspective this use of "+" as link text is entirely consistent.