[pmwiki-users] processing time ?

Martin Fick fick at fgm.com
Thu Nov 10 14:38:51 CST 2005

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 01:44:55PM +0100, malexism wrote:
> Hello list !
>
> I have a question about the processing time : is it longuer for pmwiki
> to include a little part (first part) of a long page, with many images,
> than to include the same first part of a short page ?

>From what I know about how pmwiki works, the entire page
text is read into pmwiki regardless of hom many lines are
output.  That being said, it is read as text and markup is
only executed on the included parts.  Unless you have
extremely large text listings there should not be a big
performance difference. As for images, they are not
processed by pmwiki anyway, their URLS are included in the
html and the browser fetches them independently.  You might
(but I don't think so) see a small performance hit if you
are using anchors to delineate the included sections, since
this might be a slightly more complicated text search than
simply counting lines.

-Martin