[pmwiki-users] Need help with custom search pattern

Leigh Hausman leigh.hausman at qatar.tamu.edu
Wed Nov 9 04:37:45 CST 2005

I'm trying to brutally hack in some semblance of a collection of
associated groups by creating groups named as follows:

Group
Group-Alt1
Group-Alt2
Group-Alt3

And the hitch is that I want to use (:pagelist:) on Group.HomePage to
display listings for the other, similarly named groups, as well. But
I'm having problems with the custom SearchPattern:

I can do this:

$SearchPatterns['startswithcurrent'][] = '/Group?/';

... and it works, but I'd like to pull the group name automagically:

$MyGroup = FmtPageName('$Group',$pagename);
$SearchPatterns['startswithcurrent'][] = '/$MyGroup?/';

... but that isn't working. Could an expert enlighten me? Or is there
a better way to do this?

Many thanks,
Leigh