[pmwiki-users] Another suggested feature

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Fri May 27 17:55:03 CDT 2005

On Saturday, 28 May 2005 8:31 AM, zgrauer at earthlink.net wrote:
>Is there a way, or could we provide a way, to have pages
>displayed in a 'printer friendly' format?
>
>I am thinking here about the people who use the wiki to create
>a wikipedia of one sort or another.
>
>One way for these folks to better serve their customers - or
>for that matter to make a buck or two - would
>be to allow easier printing.
>
>The printer friendly page should have only the editable
>content, without the sidebar, header or footer.
>
>The document printer should allow to print the whole document
>either as displayed by :pagelist:, or as
>displayed using wikitrails.
>
>The latter could be useful for someone who wants to provide
>printed copies of the whole document in print or
>allow select (or every) users to print it, in which case maybe
>this should be password protected.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Zvi.

Yes, the PublishWikiTrail cookbook recipe lets you add a Publish
button to a trail page and produce a printable view of all pages
on the trail. Once you have that installed and working, the
SearchExtensions recipe plus setting $PublishSearch = true in
the local config.php adds publish capability to search and
backlinks results.

And if you use the calendar, $enable_publish = true adds
publish capability to the WikiCalendar recipe.

And if you use the RenamePage recipe, action=links will soon let
you publish all the links on a page.

If that's not enough, in the lab we can turn all of these into
beautifully typeset pdf files. This is very close to beta release.

Is this what you are after?

--
JR