[pmwiki-users] PmWiki seems to "hang" on overloaded boxes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu May 26 20:54:58 CDT 2005

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 05:31:51PM -0400, Radu wrote:
> At 01:30 PM 5/22/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > We built some other workarounds
> >into the system, including a way for authors to be able to break the
> >.flock when it occurred.
>
> Where is this documented?

It's not -- it was done as a local customization on that site, not
built into PmWiki directly.

> I wanted to put a hack into pmwiki's WritePage function to counteract it,
> but everything I thought of is not perfect (and Pm didn't like my
> solutions).

No, your solutions were fine -- I just haven't had a chance to write
it up into a somewhat robust solution.  Beta37 now checks the filesize
for a reasonable value (at least 95% of what was expected) before
eliminating the old one; and aborts with an error if it looks as
though a page didn't save correctly.  In the future I'll probably fix
this to return to the current edit with a message rather than abort
entirely (this requires a bit more work which will have to wait
until later...).