[pmwiki-users] UserAuth - problem with default pmwiki passwords

Bill Wraith bwraith at nji.com
Tue May 24 12:58:45 CDT 2005

I installed UserAuth (0.63) and using pmwiki beta36 and happened to have
default passwords specified in local/config.php for admin, edit, upload
capabilites. I had to remove the default password for edit and
explicitly specify crypt('nopass') for both the upload and pwchange
default passwords to make things work for an ordinary user who had
read,edit,upload capabilities in the .htpasswd file.

Thanks for any help with understanding where I may be going wrong, as I
believe they should work together based on documentation and reading
code and comments in userauth.php.

By the way, I was able to verify by printing out the variables that the
password in $_REQUEST['wiki_pw'],level,and pagename seemed correct
before passed into CheckPmWikiPassword(), but still wikipw_wiki_check =
false after the call to CheckPmWikiPassword, but should have come out
true(I think it should have, as edit default password matches and works
  if userauth not installed). This was at the point where the user auth
has succeeded and now pmwiki password is being checked. Also, I verified
that if I remove the include for userauth.php in local/config.php, then
the pmwiki default passwords work fine again.

Thanks, Bill Wraith