[pmwiki-users] Re: SourceForge.net Read-Only Policy - PmWiki-Incompatible?

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sat May 14 00:54:26 CDT 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005, H. Fox wrote:

> To be a bit more descriptive...
>
> Soon the directories on the SF.net servers will be mounted read-only
> and chmod (2)777 on the wiki's directory or ./wiki.d will have no
> effect.  The web servers will not be able to write to any directory
> that may be served directly (i.e. any subdirectory of the web document
> root).
>
> Starting on the 23rd the wiki needs to write the its files in
> /tmp/persistent/[some directory].  For this reason, I need for PmWiki
> to store pages in /tmp/persistent/qdig/qdig-files/wiki.d/ instead of
> ./wiki.d/.

> Even running PmWiki read-only (by developing pages elsewhere and
> copying them to wikilib.d) would work fine because I use PmWiki as a
> "lightweight CMS" on that site.

Have you /tmp/..../wiki.d has been created with the proper permissions and
owner ship? (What's the output of 'ls -ld')

Next step could be to manually copy some wiki page file to that directory
and get pmwiki to use it. This should be a simple matter of setting
$WikiDir as per Pm's earlier instructions, but one step at a time...

/Christian

PS. Once we've have it working, it'd be nice with a page summing up how to
do this.